This is very moving exhibition about modern martyrdom.No matter what we may think of persons of faith,killing is still killing and therefore a crime against humanity.Many people have died and or suffered under tyrannical regimes from all eras of time.David Hill's work confirms their ultimate sacrifice for their faith.The holes in these ceramic sculptures detail holes/wounds which require healing to restore humankind wholeness...The show will be on exhibition from 11/7/16-12/2/16,Howard Payne University,Brownwood,Texas.
This body of work seems to align with some of the ideas in the book we are reading, especially trauma and suffering. I enjoy the textural part of his work, thanks to the hand building. I wish I was closer to Brownwood so I could see the show in person.
This is very moving exhibition about modern martyrdom.No matter what we may think of persons of faith,killing is still killing and therefore a crime against humanity.Many people have died and or suffered under tyrannical regimes from all eras of time.David Hill's work confirms their ultimate sacrifice for their faith.The holes in these ceramic sculptures detail holes/wounds which require healing to restore humankind wholeness...The show will be on exhibition from 11/7/16-12/2/16,Howard Payne University,Brownwood,Texas.
ReplyDeleteYes, good points!
DeleteThis body of work seems to align with some of the ideas in the book we are reading, especially trauma and suffering. I enjoy the textural part of his work, thanks to the hand building. I wish I was closer to Brownwood so I could see the show in person.
ReplyDeleteIt definitely does tie in and thank you for viewing this..it is a powerfully emotional show
ReplyDelete