I started to upload some images from my high school journal to begin reflecting on why art became so important to me. During this time art was the only constant that I could fall back on to feel safe. I hope by revisiting some of my most intense moments I can understand why I began making art in the first place. This was the point in time in my life where I honestly quit working on classroom assignments from my teachers at Lubbock High and began focusing on my own ideas, perspectives, and narratives. I hope hat one day I can facilitate this learning in my classroom.
I also have a deep connection to technology in my art making practices. Even before when I was making paintings and more traditional forms of art, I often took photos and edited my composition in Photoshop so that I could draw my idea without worrying about copying someone else's artwork or having to look at a blank page for too long. I am still that kid who makes a mark on the page and asks to start over because I messed up!
On my Tumblr and on this site I compare myself to an imperfect computer. I love the idea of systems and technology becoming emotional, so I though that was a fair comparison.
SITE LINK HERE
sounds interesting,I will take alook
ReplyDelete